Thursday, July 30, 2009

life and the sort

Here I am, Ashland, Oregon.
The town I grew up in.
Being back here means many things..

Nostalgia (old pictures, letters, friends) - been finding relics from my past and it's quite entertaining. I'm also realizing Ive come a long way, and maybe I didn't become who I thought I'd be, but just an older, more experienced version of that little confused girl.
I've reconnected with a close friend, we've been having a blast together, and it's kinda crazy - like we have gone right back to where we left off in middle school.

My parents live here. Ive been staying with my mom in this beautiful house by the creek. I like it but I must admit i feel rather useless. Living with my mom. No job. Not too many friends - my social life in Ashland is kind of a joke. There's not much goin on in this town.. at least not much I'm interested in.

I am lookin for new projects. My mom is an artist/art teacher so I plan on helping her paint a mural and do splatterpaint in her classroom. Also I wanna start making mosaics (mirrors and glass on collage, molded onto some object). I wanna learn how to do webdesign and start a website. I want to apply to intern at BITCH magazine in Portland.

I want to return to Portland but it's tough. I need money. a job. a place to live. Portland has the second highest unemployment rate in the country. and everyone with a degree seems to be moving there and in search of a job. so im like WTF am i gunna do!?

otherwise, i feel like im growing and learning. prague was a great experience, and now i must figure out a new path to follow. along the road opening up new doors..new opportunities are on the horizon and that is what excites me most.

No comments: